Grilled Chicken Souvlaki
Oopah! Team Hardy comes through again with this tasty Greek Grilled Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce. We also come through when it comes to putting together a marketing strategy to sell your home for the highest price the market will bear.
Ever since I heard who I thought to be James Earl Jones on the Arby’s gyro commercial I have been craving gyros and tzatziki, or cucumber, sauce.
Only when I tried to find the commercial on YouTube did I find out it was not James Earl Jones but someone who sounds an awful lot like him. I also found out that their commercial is not on YouTube in its official form so you’ll just have to trust me here and try this grilled Greek chicken recipe. It’s not a gyro, BUT IT HAS THE MEAT! Hmmm.
Kinda like our marketing strategy when it comes to listing homes.
Θέλω τη σαλάτα (I want the salad.)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into bite-sized pieces
Wooden skewers as needed (soak in water 15 minutes before adding the chicken to them)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and grated
1 T olive oil
2 t white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch salt
1) Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 cup Greek yogurt, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 4 cloves minced garlic, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large revealable bag.
2) Add chicken, seal bag and shake/massage to coat with marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably 2, shaking again every 30 minutes to make sure it’s all coated
While the chicken is marinating:
3) Mix yogurt, cucumber, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, 2 cloves minced garlic, and pinch of salt together in a bowl. Refrigerate tzatziki sauce for flavors to blend, 1 to 2 hours.
4) Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto the soaked skewers. (discard unused marinade)
5) Spray olive oil the grate, then place the skewered chicken on the preheated grill, turning approximately every 5 minutes until nicely browned on all sides and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Serving Suggestion: Put chicken and Tzatziki Sauce on a warmed pita with halved, grape tomatoes and Feta cheese crumbles.
Serve with Greek pasta salad. Want the pasta recipe? Let us know.
Fill out the form below and you’ll have it before dinner time tomorrow. Send us pics, we want to know how it turned out.